Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Super Mommy Secret~Strawberries!

This post is from Jen!  These are her Super Mommy Secrets!  Thanks for sharing these ideas, Jen.  They are the perfect activity for a summer day!  I love them..and I cant wait to make the candle holders to line our front walkway! ~Ang

Last Monday was the first day of summer, June 21st.
Summer means strawberries. At our house we love strawberries. Our favorite way to eat them is with this super easy dip. My kids know how to make it and can do it all by themselves. 
Fruit Dip
One jar of marshmallow creme
One container strawberry cream cheese
Mix both ingredients well in a bowl and serve with strawberries, or almost any kind of fruit. Store leftovers (if there are any) in fridge.  Yummy!!!!

Then, you can make these cute crafts with your kids...
(Reuse and Recycle!)

Candle Holder
(I saw an idea similar to this at a store.)

Here is how to make it: 
Wash out the marshmallow creme jar and wash off the label.

Then with some heavy gauge wire (I used 18 gauge) twist it around the mouth of the jar and then make a handle.

Here is the part my girls did, they strung on some beads on some jewelry wire and then we twisted it around the handle.

I filled the jar with white sand and a battery operated tea light. You could put rocks or any kind of filler in the jar. Then set or hang outside for those fun summer evenings outside.

Berry Fun

Here is how to make it: 
I took the empty plastic container that the strawberries came in and washed it out.
 
Then I filled it with gummy raspberries. I made a label to go on the top and tied it with tulle.
 
I made a label that I am going to write on something like "Have a "berry" fun summer" and give it to a friend.
 
If I would have done this sooner my kids could have given it to their teachers on the last day of school.
 
~Jen

4 comments:

  1. What a clever idea for re-using the plastic container! We have tons of them lately, since we've been eating blueberries, raspberries and blackberries (so we've got a variety of sizes) :)
    Time to start making some gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is perfect. I think if there is anything I would add to this list, it would be to never sacrifice quality when creating content. Thank you for posting this great article!Sanción Conducir Licencia Suspendida Nueva Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually pleased to glance at this web site posts which contains tons of valuable facts, thanks for providing these. If you are a students and looking for assignment help then you can visit :homework doer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this blog to be intriguing. Continue publishing additional blog entries.Prince William County DUI Lawyer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails